Monday, November 5, 2012

Update

The past few weeks have been a challenge...Dr. Visits..Testing...Blood...Shots...new medications. Not all that fun. I've been feeling excessively tired & still trying to maintain myself at work & keeping up with my family. Unfortunately my friends have fallen to the wayside. I have forgotten to call my best friend back when promised..(which I will do tonight), I haven't talked to anyone other than my family and Dr's and customers at work err.... I am sooo looking forward the my race coming up on the 10th. I really need the distraction. 

Many days I wonder how I can possibly keep all this together. This is only the beginning, in a couple weeks I will do 5 days of Radiation Therapy. Not looking forward to that, then we will schedule the appt to remove the tumor...hopefully the whole thing this time.

My Dr has told me I need to keep moving, even when I feel tired. That the walking I am doing is probably the best thing for me, BUT...in the next breath she says make sure to take it easy when I need to and don't over do it... Hey I'm a runner now what does over do it mean??? lol.. I follow my motto "Run till you can't and walk till you can"

Now that we are on the subject of running, let's talk a little about Wine & Dine and Angel Snugs.

I told you last time that I would fill you in more about Angel Snugs & Team Winging it. This is the organization that was started by my dear friend Angi F. It's local to Florida and is a non-profit organization founded to provide training to youth groups and organizations, senior groups and other volunteers of all demographics on how to design and create "snugs". It's mission is to then donate these "snugs" to medical facilities to comfort children fighting cancer while enduring their lifesaving treatments.

Winging It! is their team endurance training program. And Wine & Dine is their Inaugural event. If you would like to support me in this you can go to  http://tinyurl.com/run4lifewithAngi.   Proceeds will benefit our Angel Snugs program and allow us to provide comfort to more children fighting cancer with our snugs.


Being a new organization they need more help spreading awareness and getting Donations of all sorts including supplies such as yarn, needle looms etc.

To be continued in a few...

No comments:

Post a Comment