Tuesday, September 25, 2012

19 DAYS till race day!!!!

Well, there are 19 days left till  race day and I am getting more and more excited. Fundraising is over and my deadline has come and gone. My goal has been met  thanks to a very dear friend named Gina. I definitely would have not made it without her. Thank you Gina!!

Thank you to everyone who donated for my cause. I never could have made it without all the help from my friends family and complete strangers even. Everyone that made a donation no matter how big or small is near and dear to my heart and I thank you!!!

This has been a truly  amazing journey for Me. But really the journey has just begun because now that the fundraising is over I can concentrate on the rest of my training.  We have reached all of our long miles  and now it's time to start tapering. This past weekend was crazy I did 13 and a half miles on Saturday then a 5 K with cancer warriors on Sunday and then a 5 mile bike ride Sunday night. Let me tell you my legs are hurting. But it's all worth it because you all helped me raise almost $3000 for the most amazing cause I know.

So now I'll finish up with my taper miles and head on to San Francisco to complete a half marathon. And with every mile that I walk I will be thinking of all the amazing people that helped me get there. 

BUT, When I'm climbing the hill of San Francisco and the miles are getting longer and my legs are burning and I feel exhausted and I feel like I just can't go on, I will  think about 4 people and their families that have given me the reason to do this. I will think of Rick and his son Christian and the pain that a father must feel when he loses his son. I will think about Melinda and her sweet beautiful little girl Lily and how it must feel to be a mother and have to let  your beautiful  little girl fly. I will also think of two others that I've never met but I feel like I know them in my heart. Talia a bright beautiful young lady that fights 2 forms of cancer yet still makes those around her feel inspired and hopeful. And Jacob a young man who, while fighting against Leukemia still manages to openly share his daily battle and journey with all those around him in a positive upbeat way.

When the miles get long and tough I will remember these people because they have come thru the greatest pain anyone could ever know. Their strength to move on is so inspiring and I pray that God blesses them everyday.

Thank you for reading, thank you for following my journey and thank you for being a part of my life.

Angi

No comments:

Post a Comment