Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Refocusing on WHY I am doing this crazy Marathon thing!! For Christian for Lily For Talia!!! For them ALL!!

So I sat down yesterday and reflected on my life and my journey to the finish line. After all there is NO finish line till there is a cure.

First thing on my mind was my own battle with cancer. I have never actually sat back and thought about it. I survived, it was a tough long road to battle, and it almost tore my family apart. That's all I even want to remember about it. However, I was talking with Angi F. (yup there is another one out there) a very beautiful women that started a program called Angel Snugs. They make hats and scarfs and such for children with cancer.  We were talking and for the first time in a long time I put a term on how I feel from time to time. Conflicted!

I'm conflicted when I see children like Lily, a sweet little girl only 5 years old that recently lost her battle with Neuroblastoma on June 10th 2012. Christian, another sweet Angel that lost his battle with Leukemia to young in life. and Talia, a soon to be 13 year old young lady, diagnosed with stage 4 Neuroblastoma and Pre-Leukemia. An amazing girl with a light in her eyes that sends a warm feeling to everyone who crosses her path.

Conflicted! That's what I feel from time to time. Why would GOD spare me and take home Christian and Lily?? I'm nothing special and these two Angels are. WHY ME!!!! I ask that so very Often. I don't know why, but I do know one thing. I am NOT going to waste on moment that GOD has given me feeling sorry for myself and questioning WHY?? NOT ANYMORE!!!!

My mission is to help find a cure anyway that I can. Whether it's through running my second half Marathon with TNT to raise money for Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, or running my third 1/2 Marathon and raising money for Angel Snugs. Or just going out there and raising money on my own for whatever cancer researching cause I can find. I WILL NOT WASTE WHAT GOD HAS GIVEN ME ANYMORE!!!!

So here is what I am going to do, and here is how you can help ! When I compete in the Nike 1/2 marathon in October, I will proudly wear the names of Christian Stafford, Princess Lily DeJesus, and Talia Castellano in a very special spot on my shirt.. because this race is for them!!!!

I am offering you as well the chance to honor someone you know who has been affected by cancer. For a donation of what ever amount you see fit, I will put the name of someone you would like on my race shirt. So help me to honor and remember those who fight, those who have lost and those who have won there battles with cancer. Donate today at http://pages.teamintraining.org/ncfl/nikesf12/run4life  (**UPDATE: This is no longer an open link. Do not use it to donate)

I know that just about everyone out there knows someone who as been affected by cancer. Help me in the fight so that not one more child, not one more mother, father, aunt uncle, brother, sister, or friend has to die at the evil hands of cancer.

THERE IS NO FINISH LINE UNTIL THERE IS A CURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment