Wednesday, August 29, 2012

22 Days and Counting!!!

That's about all that is left for me to reach my goal. Well this goal anyways. I sit back and think about all that I have been through over the years, My own battle with cancer, the struggle to get healthy again, going through the guilt of being a survivor when there are so many others around me losing their battle with this horrible disease. It's been a long hard road.


Even though it's been hard for me, I am drawn to the fact that it is so much harder for so many others. God let me breathe another day on this earth for a reason, no, for a purpose. I am 100% sure that His purpose for me is to give back however I can. I can't donate a ton of money personally, as I know that many of you reading this right now can't either, but I can donate my time, I can become a better person everyday.


I choose to do that by pushing myself to finish the Nike 1/2 Marathon in October, then the Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon in November, and who knows maybe even go back to where it all started and do the WDW Marathon Weekend 1/2 Marathon again. Ya never know where the road will take you.


What I do know is that I will push myself through every one of those long 13.1 miles because of some great people who have lost their battle. For Christian a little boy I never had the pleasure of meeting in person because he was taken too young, But, thanks to his dad I have come to know him and be inspired. For Lily a 5 year old little girl who I only had the pleasure of meeting through post on facebook by my dear friend Angi and Lily's mom Melinda. For Jean a grandmother, mother and wife that lived many great years but cancer took her in the end. I will push to honor the memory of these fine people.


I will also push to honor some very special people who are fighting right now. For Talia, a 13 year old girl who is in the mist of battling 2 aggressive types of cancer yet still lives life to the fullest and for Jacob (aka The Leukemia Slayer) another fine young man who lives life with  cancer out in the open so that others can see what it is like.


These people are all inspiring to me and I feel that I need to do this for them!!


Together we train to beat cancer. So that one day there will be a cure!

No comments:

Post a Comment