Sunday, February 17, 2013

Hand Surgery BLAAAAHhhh!

Carpal Tunnel Surgery...hmmm...not what I expected. I went in at 5:50 am, was home by 9am. Can't believe how quick it was. I think the thing that took the longest was to nurse trying to find a vein for the IV. Yeah, so apparently I have floating veins that like to run and hide when a needle is about to peirce them. Come on now can you really blame them? So after 3 nurses trying 3rd time was the charm when the anaesthesiologist DR. had  come over to try to put the IV in. There was one in the right hand and one to be put in the left as well. OUCHY!!! Once they were both in place the nurse injected something into the IV, and it was nightie night lights out for me. Snip, sew, done, and sent home.

Then came the 3 days of pain. I'm talking about quite a bit of pain. Then on day 4 they removed the soft cast, covered the stitches with a large band aid & put on this cool, stylish, black  hand and arm brace. At this point the pain is not too bad, but I am pretty limited in what I can do when it comes to pinching, grasping, pulling, and lifting with my left hand. Glad I am right handed.

On my first day back to work I was pretty much useless. Well, for the whole first week really. I was not allowed in the concession stand because of the stitches still being in. Something about open wounds and food or something. I tried tearing tickets for the usher, but that was extremely painful. Tried selling tickets in box, and that was better but still hurt. So I just stood around looking pretty like only I can do. :)

I went back and had the stitches removed, now I am going through some physical therapy.  Things are getting easier, but I still have my moments where the pain creeps back in. Once the left hand is healed, then comes having the right hand done. Oh Joy, that one will be fun.

That is all for this update.

Till next time my friends

Run for you, Run for Love Run4Life

Angi

No comments:

Post a Comment