Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Recap- Color Run 5k 1-13-13

I might actually be getting caught up on my blogging. I've been recovery from Carpal Tunnel surgery and typing one handed has been a bit of a pain. So here it is 1/28/13 and I am finally getting around to updating everyone on the Color Run that I did a couple weeks ago.

This was probably the funnest race I have ever done. I think I laughed every step of the way. By the time I even made it to the 4k mark my entire face hurt from smiling and laughing so much. A big part of the fun was that there was absolutely no stress. No minimum pace requirement, no balloon ladies, no bus, just a few friends, some color and a ton of fun.

While on the subject of friends. I went to the race with 1/2 of my Team Aries friend Deb, her daughter Rachel and another good friend Patrice. Once we got there though I picked up a few new friends. I had joined the Color Run Orlando page and met some great people and it was so much fun to get to meet them face to face at the race. Lori & Heather and their families where so much fun, even though we ended up getting separated right at the start of the race, it was nice to at least get the chance to make new running friends. You get to meet so many people as a face on a page and you forge amazing friendships with them, but nothing is better than getting to know them in person. I may have even picked up a new running buddy in Lori!


FB Friends


OK, back to my race recap. When I signed up for this race, I had NO idea what I was in for. All I knew was that I would be doing a 5k where they threw some sort of colored powder at you when you reached each 1k mark.


Deb & I BEFORE
 






First up was Red, Plan of attack walk on through right down the center.  Not so bad, didn't get very much color, but sure did inhale a bot of it.

Next up Yellow, this time we chose to dance through it. right down the center again. We were a little more colored but again nothing like we expected. We looked around and saw other with tons of it on them, hmmm..What were we doing wrong?

Deb realized that we were attacking the zones from the wrong angle. For maximum color you needed to go through it either to the left or the right, NOT down the middle. That was where all the volunteer were lined up to squirt you to your hearts desire.

Her came the 3k mark, and Blue. This time we decide to boogy our way through on the right side. Oh yeah we got plenty of color this time. There was this really cool tree on the left side of the road that had every leaf covered in blue power and it was very surreal looking. 

4k...ORANGE...and the entrance to Oompa Loompa land. What better way to get through it than to do the ole Wizard of Oz skip, and that we did.

At the finish line it was a blast of every color. Powder was coming at us from all angles. It was amazing.

Even though we had crossed the finish line it was not even close to being the end. There was a huge stage set up and lots of fun loud music, and every 15 minutes or so they would do a massive color throw. As part of your race entry you were given a color packet and this was your chance to throw it up in the air.


To finish the day off you were blown off by a man with a leaf blower to remove any loose powder and then head on home.

As I drove home, I had the biggest smile on my face. I had just had the time of my life, and I wanted to do it again.

Now once home I had the fun of getting all the color off, and to my surprise it really wasn't that hard at all. A nice hot shower and a little baking powder added to my body wash, and I was back to normal with only my pictures to prove that I was crazy enough to run a 5k and let complete strangers throw colored cornstarch at me, and enjoyed it.

AFTER
 














Till next time  my friends... run for fun, run for you...RUN4LIFE!!!

Angi




No comments:

Post a Comment