Thursday, February 21, 2013

Race Weekend is around the corner

So, at the last minute I decided to run the Disney Princess 1/2 Marathon this coming Sunday. This will be my first 1/2 marathon of this year (my second race of the year). So far so good on completing 12 races this year. (one a month). As of right now I have my races planned till April, and one in December. I'll be doing a St Patty Day race next month, and Color me Rad 5k in April. My next 1/2 that is planned is the Space Coast 1/2. Now to fill in everything in between.

Now back to this weekend. I haven't really trained for this race, but I did just do two back to back 1/2 marathons in October and November plus I have been getting in some miles since. It will be hard, but that's OK, it will be with it. This will also be the first long race that I have done completely for me. I'll be doing it once again with my 2 best friends Deb & Robyn. Oh and of course you know the main reason for doing this race is for the bling. It's the 5th anniversary of the Disney Princess 1/2 so that means special medal. So you know it will be nice. Make sure to check back after Monday for photos.

I'm also excited because there will be a bunch of my fellow PbRc friends there as well. Many of these people have become great friends, even though I have not yet met them face to face. Finally I will get that chance.

Speaking of running clubs, I am starting one. Well, it's already a national running club called Mom's RUN This Town. I'm starting a local chapter, The Lake Mary/Sanford MRTT, and the Oviedo/Winter Springs MRTT I figure it will not only help me to share my love of running with other mom's in the area, but also to help keep me accountable to my own running journey. I can't slack off when other people are depending on me for advice and answers can I ? I'm very excited it will be like my own little local running community.

It will be a lot of work, but it will be well worth it to be able to share the love of running. I've even started looking for sponsors and so far I have one official sponsor. OFF the Wall Prints. They are located at the Oviedo Mall and do an amazing job. I'm looking forward to working with them. If you need anything printed be sure to pay them a visit. They do everything from Business cards & fliers to vinyl decals and banners and even car wraps. Check them out at  the Oviedo Mall 1305 Oviedo Mall Blvd, Oviedo Fl 32765 or on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/offthewallprints or give them a call at (321) 355-2373Tell them Angi Sent you.

Till next time my friends

Run for You, Run for Fun, Run4Life

Angi

No comments:

Post a Comment