Monday, October 8, 2012

Just when Life seemed hopeless, a light in the dark!

 

OK since I can't seem to stay on on track I'm gonna back pedal again. This is actually a post that I had made on the Angi's place place page. I decided I wanted to move everything over to this blog as I plan on keeping it going.

Originally Written March 12th 2012

I was praying pretty heavily those days. Just seemed like God was not listening. Why would he. I wasn't being very appreciative of the fact that I was alive. One night in June, I had a dream. I dreamt that I was in a bad Star Wars episode. Luke Skywalker was standing in front of me offering me the chance to live with the force of good, or die in the depths of evil. I know this sounds strange, but it is very true and the first time I have ever told anyone!!!

When I woke up my first thought was of a friend named Rick. His son Christian had passed way at the age of 8 from Leukemia. I looked everywhere for that postcard from the LLS about Team in Training. I could not find it anywhere at all.

Wait let me step back for a minute. What I forgot to tell you which makes the dream even more bizarre is that Christian and his Dad were big Star Wars Fans. If you go to Christians website you can learn more about this amazing little boy. www.sci-fitoys.com/christianstafford.html.

About a week after this dream, I finally found that post card again. I prayed once again for God to please make a change in my life. This time I woke up and it was just sitting on my night stand. Yeah I KNOW I threw that thing away. I figured what could I lose by looking into it. I went to the information meeting, something was sparked in me that night. Something that I wasn't sure of, but something that I knew was going to put me on a new journey in life. One that felt worth living. Thank to a crazy dream, and a little boy who I never even met.



*** More past post to come just to get everyone up to speed on the background behind this Run4Life blog****

No comments:

Post a Comment