Thursday, October 18, 2012

Saturday October 13th 2012 The Adventure Continues

Our stop on the other side of the Golden Gate Bridge

So you will be reading this sometime during the week after I get back, but in my world it is Saturday 10/13/12... Woke up today about 6 am San Fran time that is. My body is still on the east coast time of 9am. I couldn't really go back to sleep so I laid in bed looking out the window at the amazing skyline. It's so beautiful here.
My very Early morning view
To start the Day deb and I hit the corner Starbucks ( there is one on just about every corner here). Then headed back over to the Expotique and Macy's for a little make over. We had an Early Inspiration Dinner. It was more like a lunch at noon. I always love the way you feel after the inspiration Dinner. They get you so motivated and it's great to share laughs with your teammates and other participants from around the US.
Part of our Amazing FL team.



 At first I was bummed about the early time for us, but after it proved to be the best because it gave us the rest of today to site see on Day 2 of the Double Decker Bus tour. And we couldn't have asked for a more perfect day.




We took the bus through the city and learned about the history and the many different buildings. We went down to fisherman's wharf to do a little shopping and to hit the Boudin Bread Factory for Dinner. I had Clam Chowder in a Bread Bowl and man was it GOOD!!!

But before that we went on the double decker tour of the Golden Gate Bridge and Sausolito. The views were amazing and the bus tour guide that we had was hilarious. Instead of boring you with all the details here are some photos from along the way.


Fisherman's Wharf
Candy Store that had HUGE candies










Golden Gate Bridge


Trolley car

Myself, Deb & Robyn at Golden Gate Bridge
Alcatraz Island

  
To end the day we were going to hop on a Trolley and go back to the hotel. This proved to be a nightmare because the wait in line was FOREVER!!!!  The Full marathon Team needed to get back first so they took a cab. Let me tell you getting a cab was NO piece of cake either. Deb, Rich and I stayed behind to wait on a trolley. Then Rich decided to put us on a bus. This bus full pretty much full, and just as the doors are about to close Rich decides not to get on. I was in a bit of a shock because Deb and I had NO idea where we were going or where we were supposed to get off at. After about 3 stops or so this women on the bus says to her husband "Dear, there is this strange man that keeps following the bus and stopping when it stops"... I turn to look and there is Rich running along side the bus. I never laughed so hard or felt so relieved. He signaled to get off at the next stop. Our Hero...making sure we get back safe and running the whole way by himself. This man truly amazes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment