Thursday, October 18, 2012

Made it.

It's Actually Friday October 12th 2012 and, Well, I made it. I'm in San Francisco!!! Its has been very emotional and exciting at the same time. We arrived today at the airport and were put on a bus to the hotel.
Our Team in Training Nike Team waiting at the airport for the bus.

Once at the hotel we checked in, and thanks to some smooth talking by my roommate and bestest friend Deb we ended up with a room on the 31st floor of a 36 floor hotel...with a view over looking the city, Alcatraz, Coit Tower and the Bay Bridge. Its breath taking.




View From Hotel Room




First thing we did after settling in our room was head over to Nike town. This is were you can purchase just about anything Nike. Outside of the building of the wall they list the names of all the participants. It was so cool to find my name and even cooler that it was were I could see it and have my picture taken with it. Inside there was another wall that you could write on so I found a place to write run4life Angi...I made my mark.


The Great Nike Wall of names!

My Name on the Great Nike Wall :)
After looking around the 4 floors of Nike town we headed over to the Expoteque to pick up our race packets. Its was cool because I was a Nike plus member I got a special bag. After walking around and checking out the expo for a while we were pretty hungry. We knew we wanted to do a double decker tour so we went ahead and purchased a 2 day pass...now let me tell you it was pretty funny..there's like 3 different companies standing there trying to get you to take their bus, so they stand there and haggle with you . The winning one for us was the City Sight seeing tours...why...because it had an express bus that took us straight to fisherman's Wharf..where In and Out burgers was located...why because we were starving and they have the best burgers and fries ever.
 


Now by WE, I mean the best group of friends and teammates anyone could ask for. Deb, Robyn, Michele, Rich, Jessica, Hope & Nikki. After eating and walking around for a bit we went to this place called the Buena Vista (as recommended by Deb)..it was a very small Irish Pub that made the best Irish Coffees...it was cool to watch them being made.


At this point we got our first taste of race day. We had to walk up a hill that we will be walking up on race day and it wasn't small. I said to Michele that this one wasn't all that bad and she tells me "oh, well that's just a small hill...they will be bigger later in the race"..NOW I'm nervous cause I'm looking at 13.1 miles of hills. Oh well I guess I'll worry about that on Sunday.

 For Dinner we decided to walk about 4 blocks to this restaurant called the Stinking Rose...its a little Italian garlic restaurant..the food was amazing.

We finished the night with a stroll through China Town and some window shopping..then back to the hotel room to the sack.
It was a pretty long crazy fun day. I slept like a baby I was so tired...after all it is 3 hours earlier here...not quite adjusted to this time zone yet...
Its now time for bed..its actually Saturday now and I have to get up early for race day tomorrow...so I'll tell you all about today's adventures and the race in the next post.

Night all!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment